Friday, December 16, 2005

What Are You Listening To? www.last.fm

Okay guys, I've decided that I'm going to start pasting in my blog, my top weekly music artist list that is automatically generated on the cool website www.last.fm

It's a great website, I highly recommend it to everyone. I've been using it since Aug 23, 2005.

What you do is sign up for free, create a profile for yourself, and then install a tiny plug in, depending upon which music player you use (eg, Windows Media Player, iTunes, Winamp etc.) and then when you listen to a song (at least half of it, without interrupted or skipping it) it transfers the information of the song onto the website and creates a list of:

  • Your 10 most recently played songs
  • Your Weekly Top Artists
  • Top Artists Overall
  • Top Tracks Overall
You can click on the song or artist and it gives you statistics, on how popular that song is, how many people have listened to it, etc.

After you listen to around 300 songs, it automatically creates a neighbours list for you with different people who listen to similar music, artist, songs as you do. This obviously gets more accurate the more you listen, and you can check out what these people listen to, add them to your friends list, even chat with them! You can discover you new music like this, also. It's a really great website!

So please sign up. Add me to your friends list. My username is "harmryel"

Here's this weeks top 10 artists! (check it out, I'm in there! Been listening a lot to my new techno single "Social Reform Kitchen" Check out my Post in my profile on www.last.fm There's info on the The Album, which will be entirely made in Japan, with Japanese influences!


harmryel's Last.fm Weekly Artists Chart

No comments: