Friday, June 23, 2006

I WILL MISS RAINY SEASON IN SUMMER

I recently found a series of pics that I wanted to post on here. I have posted 4 consecutive pics here, which I really love. These bring back many memories and even though I didn't really enjoy rainy season all that much due to the circumstances, I really do miss it and the company I had at the time. Here we see the view of the road looking down from the balcony of our apartment #501 Nippo Sansein Mutsumon, Harankogamachi, Kurume. The heat was intense, even though it looks cold, humidity was at its highest and working out on the balcony left you exhausted to the point where you couldn't move back inside, but had to, as the air was hard to breathe and you were soaked and sweating under a minute!

Inside the air conditioner creates an atmospher of what it looks like outside. Deceiving in a way until the balcony door is opened. Amazing friends, all hanging out together during Typhoon season. Nova is closed. We drink the alcohol after being soaked by the rain outside. Calling everyone together, so that we can rejoice this wonderful occassaion, which the Japanese are dreading, as rainy season (Typhoon Season) is their destructive season, and they do not look forward to it. Emily in the last photo looks out into the rain blurring Harankogamchi Park, opposite our building. No one is on the streets, except for the ignorant gaijin populations of which we are part of.





I will truly miss this season.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: